Scotia Travel Rewards
- Shawn Rafuse, Interaction Architect, FCV
"A lot of this project was about anticipating and minimizing user questions. Usability testing was essential in evaluating the success of our efforts."
Scotia Travel Rewards
Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) provides travel booking services and support for major clients worldwide. They came to us to build a solution for redeeming travel rewards online for Scotiabank’s premier client VISA card loyalty program – the ScotiaGold Passport.
Given the relative maturity of the online travel booking space – the challenge for the project team was going to be creating a solution from the ground up that was immediately competitive in the rewards redemption space and that matched customer-service benchmarks set by Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz . Added to this the need for a seamless customer experience from Scotiabank’s online banking through to their rewards program, as well as the sheer complexity of the rewards program itself.
The website allows visitors to redeem personalized travel rewards using their desired mixture of loyalty points and VISA card for payment. By leveraging extensive research, user-experience design and technical development we developed a solution for HRG which offers Scotiabank’s premier VISA customers a user-friendly way to redeem their loyalty points for flights, hotels, cars and complete vacation packages.
- Travel content is seamlessly integrated and matched with the existing Scotia Rewards interface.
- The new travel booking system is integrated with the Scotia Rewards loyalty points system.
- Travel inventory from third-party reservations systems (Sabre and SoftVoyage) are combined to deliver an exceptional range of content
- The user interface is designed to make booking fast and simple, with easy filtering controls and the ability to combine products in a single booking (an industry first).
- Scotia Travel Rewards and Scotiabank were integrated so that just one login is required for customers to check their points balance, redeem rewards and top up their points with their credit card. The Sitecore CMS enables a highly configurable, multi-lingual website to be served on a robust and secure hosting platform.
- 10% of contact centre traffic moved to the online platform without any campaign prompting in the first month, rising to 20% and still climbing after two months online.
- By helping customers find the travel product online that is most rewarding to them, we have drastically decreased Scotiabank’s call-centre utilization rates and conversion handling costs.
- Shifting traffic online has meant that customers use the call centre only for specialized enquiries, which reduces wait times and resourcing spend.
- HRG provides Scotiabank Travel Rewards customers with a highly competitive online booking experience, backed up by their class leading personalized customer service offline, on a platform designed to grow with their business needs.